Are you trying to determine a long home budget for a log or timber home build? It can be a challenge to plan and calculate for every potential cost associated with building a custom home. Many of our clients have faced this same concern so we have put together a free sample budget worksheet to help you plan and build your home.
- Easy to use excel format
- Outline of common items and costs associated with building
- Add remove additional line items
- Track and adjust estimates and costs throughout the project
- Provide an estimate budget for one of our most popular designs
To help you start the process we have populated the template with one of our most popular designs, Legacy Estates. This template can help show you the estimated costs associated which you can easily update and adapt for your own project.
Note: these figures may change depending on your local labor and material costs, local building guidelines and building codes.
Legacy Estates Project Details
- Type: Post and beam with flared western red cedar
- Total Square footage: 1,982 square feet
- Number of stories: 2 (optional basement)
- Bedrooms: 3 bedrooms and loft (Master bedroom has a walk in closet)
- Bathrooms: 2.5 bathrooms
- Other: Kitchen, dinning room, living room linen closet and large outdoor deck.
- View the full plan details under post and beam galleries
To help you plan and budget for your home here are some additional articles and resources:
- How much do log homes cost?
- Can You Afford to Build a Log Home?
- What is the difference between Full Scribe, Timber Frame and Post and Beam
- How to Choose the Right Log Home Design
- 5 Questions When Buying Raw Land to Build On
- 6 Key Questions To Ask Before Hiring a Home Builder
- Receiving a Quote for Your Custom Log Home
- Designing Your Perfect Custom Home
If you have any questions about budgeting, planning or building feel free to contact us by filling out the form on our website or sending us an email directly. We’d be happy to help answer any further questions you have!